Advanced Certificate in Anxiety Management
Effective ways to help clients with anxiety: workshop 14th July 2018, Wakefield
Suitable for: qualified/practicing hypnotherapists. hypnotherapy students who wish to extend their basic training, other therapists with some knowledge of hypno-therapeutic techniques
Level: skills and knowledge development, CPD
Why do you need advanced knowledge of anxiety management?
Google 'evidence for an increase in anxiety' and you'll get over 2 million hits. Hypnotherapists in practice are telling us that anxiety-related conditions form a greater part of their practice than ever before. So you need an excellent level of knowledge about working with anxiety, and a variety of tools, to successfully help your clients.
This intensive one-day course covers:
- the biology of anxiety - brain chemistry, medical interventions etc
- understanding and recognising the different anxiety-related conditions
- effective intakes - a variety of tools and techniques to help you collect and collate the right information to provide effective therapy, and measure success
- psychological explanations of anxiety - how different theories can inform our choice of techniques
- effective techniques and tools for clients out of trance
- effective tools and techniques for clients in trance
You will receive
- comprehensive information and notes*
- handouts and proformas to use with clients
- suitable hypnotherapy scripts
*This comes in two parts. First, about a month before the course, we'll send you an ebook containing background information and a multiple choice questionnaire which can be handed in on the day of the workshop. We anticipate this will take most people around 2 hours. Then, at the workshop, you'll be given detailed notes, and a CD/download of resources to use with clients.
The advantages of sending information to you in advance are:
- you get to read through the background information in your own time, so we can concentrate on developing practical skills at the workshop
- you benefit from extra CPD hours without having to pay for tutorial time
Co-authors: Debbie Waller of Yorkshire Hypnotherapy Training and Yorkshire Stress Management, an experienced hypnotherapy tutor and author of Their Worlds Your Words, and Brian Turner, of Phoenix Therapies, a psychotherapist specialising in working with anxiety and depression, and placement co-ordinator for 'Stamp Out Suicide' (Registered Charity Number: 1171162). By combining their different backgrounds, Debbie and Brian can introduce you to a variety of effective tools and techniques to help your clients.
Tutors: Debbie Waller and Brian Turner
The Advanced Certificate in Anxiety Management is accredited as CPD by the ACCPH.
Saturday 14th July 2018
Venue: Trintity Business Park, Wakefield, WF2 8EF - close to motorways, train stations and the free city bus route.
Prices: including teas and coffees, all course materials, and ongoing support. You may bring a packed lunch, or there are plenty of places nearby to eat.
Early Bird price (valid only until 1st June 2018) £135 per person - Standard Price £160 per person
10% discount off either price available to newsletter subscribers - sign up here
Book your place using paypal or a debit/credit card
We regret we are unable to offer refunds for anyone cancelling less than 14 days before a workshop type course, unless your place is filled.