Acknowledged Hypnotherapy Supervision Certification
Why do you need hypnotherapy supervision training?
As a therapist, you almost certainly come to your clients from an established theoretical base - cognitive, analytical, integrated etc - with some evidence to show that it's sound. You would certainly not have set up in practice with no formal training, or based on your own experience of being hypnotised. So shouldn't you offer your supervisees the same quality service? The purpose of supervision is often seen as 'offering support with clients' but it should be so much more. Good supervision supports and is relevant to therapists throughout their careers, not only in the early months and years.
This course is the first (and at the time of writing, only) hypnotherapy supervision training acknowledged by the General Hypnotherapy Register and it will allow you to provide a better, more complete service to your supervisees whether you work with them one to one or in a group and whether they are newly trained or have years of experience.
About this course
You can undertake this course in either of two formats, whichever suits you best.
- a two-day training course/workshop
- a distance/online learning option (sign up any time and take as long as you like to complete the course)
Availability of the distance learning option is now worldwide.
Both options include comprehensive notes, handouts/proformas for working with your supervisees and lots of practical experience.
The workshop provides these in person, of course. The distance/online version is supported by slideshows, practical activities for you to carry out to consolidate your learning, and a workbook which you return to us for feedback. Here's the first of the slideshows to give you a taster... (the others are only accessible to those who sign up for the course)
While you are working through the course, your tutor can be phoned or emailed for advice at any point.
Whichever option you choose, the course will enable you to
- be familiar with the historical reasons for the growth of clinical supervision
- be familiar with the evidence supporting the use of clinical supervision
- understand the differences between training, supervision and therapy
- be confident using three different theoretical models for supervision, and to understand the strengths and weaknesses of each
- understand the legal and ethical issues involved in supervision
- be aware of health and emotional issues which might affect your supervisee's ability to work effectively with clients
- understand the differences between supervising individuals and groups
- be aware of how groups develop over time and how you can use this to improve your group supervision sessions
- be able to draw on a wide variety of supervision activities for both groups and individuals
The online version of the course has been 'test driven' and on average takes around 12 hours to complete. You can start it at any time, and there is no time limit on completing it.
The course is open to hypnotherapists from any professional body. It's been pre-acknowledged as a route to becoming a supervisor by the GHR, who also require at least two years in practice. If you belong to another professional body please check their requirements before signing up.
Feedback on this course
I have found the course highly informative in its structure, content and reflective process. It is well designed and laid out so that the student moves through the layers and levels seamlessly, whilst holding the purpose of the course and subject. it includes a lot of external references and resources which of great benefit when exploring the subject of supervision more thoroughly. Dr Hugh Quigley PhD
The course was comprehensive, well thought out and presented - the best course I have been on thus far. Brian Turner
I found the course to be totally beneficial for learning different things from my point of view of a new supervisor. The course was informative, the slides and footage really interesting and the recommended reading material was totally valuable. Lynne Cole
The course is really well put together, the course materials are comprehensive and a good resource to look back on. I thoroughly enjoyed the two days. Paula Jones
I thoroughly enjoyed this supervision course, it was very interesting and the knowledge I gained from it I am sure will prove invaluable. I must say I found it to be a little challenging on occasion but that just fuelled my interest and encouraged me to do a lot of rather fascinating research from which I gleaned a wealth of knowledge. I really liked the links to the online resources... I would most certainly recommend that anyone considering becoming a supervisor or anyone who would like to develop their skills as a supervisor to take this course. Jean Brady Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Hypnotherapists who would like to offer supervision as part of growing and developing their own practice
- Hypnotherapists who are already offering supervision and who would like to develop the services they offer supervisees, develop more skills and extend the useful life of their supervision services
- We would also welcome enquiries from psychotherapists and those from other talking therapy backgrounds since the focus of the course is on the supervisory process rather than the specific therapies offered. Please contact us with details of your experience for more information
This course is validated by the ACCPH and acknowledged by the GHR (General Hypnotherapy Register). The GHR require you to have at least two years in practice in addition to other experience or training before you can be accepted as a supervisor.
You do not need to belong to the GHR to undertake this course. However, if you belong to a different professional body it is your responsibility to check before signing up whether they will recognise this course.
Author/Tutor: Debbie Waller
Sign up now!
Do you have questions about this course? We are happy to answer them, please contact usor phone Debbie on 01977 678593.
This course is now available worldwide.
The online version is £95.
We also accept payment by Bank Transfer, please contact us for details.
Your course will normally be emailed to you within 24 hours, please allow a little longer at holiday periods.
Workshop version - next date to be confirmed, please sign up for our newsletter to be notified when this date becomes available.
Looking for a Hypnotherapy Supervisor?
We offer that too. Please contact us for details of our own services or a list of graduates of this course.